Thursday, January 19, 2006

Make Mine Marvel!

I've just watched the trailer for V for Vendetta which is out in the UK in March and I can't wait to see the movie. I remember getting hold of the original Alan Moore graphic novel when it was first published back in 1995 and I was just blown away by it. I hadn't read comic books for years and this was a world away from the old Marvel/ DC comic books I remembered.

It led to a very happy couple of years catching up with what had happened to all my old favourites like Daredevil, Green Arrow, Batman and The Avengers, as well as watching the development of the (for me) second wave of great writers and artist like Frank Miller, Alan Moore, Art Speigleman and Grant Morrison.

I eventually grew out of my second childhood but still have a strong affection for all things comic book so this should be a good year for me with Spider-Man 3, X3, Ghost Rider and V for Vendetta all out at the movies this year.

Until Iron Man starts to Rust..... Make Mine Marvel!

  • V for Vendetta Graphic Novel

  • V for Vendetta Movie Site


  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home