Tuesday, June 27, 2006

It's Called Football, Dumbass!

We've had some fantastic football during this World Cup. None of it from England, of course, but at least we've stumbled in to the quarter-finals and I'm ever hopeful that will find some sort of form when we come up against Portugal on saturday.

For my money, probably the worst team we saw in the tournament were the United States. For a team that's supposedly fourth in the FIFA standings, they were pretty poor.

The reason for this may lie in the attitudes of those over the pond towards the beautiful game. Over at CBS news, Frank Cannon (surely not the overweight TV detective) & Richard Lessner have written an opinion pice that just about sums up how the US views football.

I'm sure they mean it to be taken seriously, maybe even considered on an intellectual level. Personally I laughed my self silly.

They just don't get it do they.

U.S. Isn't Exactly World Cup-Crazy



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home